Fri, May 07|
FORGE MIDLANDS next cohort start
The next FORGE Midlands Programme now open to applications. Missional Living, Missional Leadership, Missional Church. Starting Fri 7th/Sat 8th May 2021 and running for 11 months online (19 sessions covered, with personal coaching sessions). £495. Click RSVP for info.
Time & Location
May 07, 2021, 7:00 PM
About the Event
Forge cultivates missional communities around the world by identifying, developing, and training missional leaders, teams and practitioners. Forge aims to mobilise ordinary people to become missional and thrive in whatever context they are called to. This may be in pioneering new things, working in and through an already existing church, serving in a local community, church planting, and professional or relational network. The Forge network is led by active ‘missional practitioners’ who are able to offer significant experiential training in pioneering contexts.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for passionate people who are keen to mature as Christians exploring ways in which they can more fully engage in missional living. They must be open to learning, growing, working with others and willing to take risks and step out in an adventure with God.
Weekend #1 Discerning God's Mission in my life context
Fri 7th May (6:30pm-9:00pm) & Sat 8th May (9:30am-12:30pm)
followed by 4 monthly Monday evening sessions (7-9pm) Dates: 24 May, 7 & 28 Jun, 12 Jul.
Weekend #2 Developing Missional Character
Fri 10th Sept (6:30pm-9:00pm) & Sat 11th Sept (9:30am-12:30pm)
followed by 3 monthly Monday evening sessions (7-9pm) Dates: 4 Oct, 1 & 29 Nov
Weekend #3 Developing Missional Competencies
Fri 7th Jan (6:30pm-9:00pm) & Sat 8th Jan (9:30am-12:30pm)
followed by 3 monthly Monday evening sessions (7-9pm) Dates: 7 Feb, 7 Mar, 4 Apr 2022
- Build theological and biblical foundations of mission for life
- Develop skills and tools to discern their missional context
- Be coached in developing more effective contextual missional strategies
- Form missional habits and attitudes that revolutionise the way they see the world around them and their place in that world
- Discover their gifts, passions and shape for missional leadership
- Be equipped with practical skills and tools to become more competent and effective in forming and developing new missional communities and missional engagement through the local church
- Grow in their faith as they step into new missional adventures
- Join with travelling companions that will support and encourage them as they learn to take risks for God and for the kingdom